Guided Meditations & Teachings
7:00 – 8:30pm
$15 | Free for Supporting Members
Each class is self contained, pre-registration not required.
Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
How to Transform Your Life
with Kadam Morten
A series of classes based on Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s newly published How to Transform Your Life. This practical manual for daily life shows how we can develop authentic inner peace, overcome daily problems and bring about positive changes in our life that enable us to experience deep and lasting happiness. Each class consists of guided meditations and clear explanations, as well as an opportunity to ask questions.
- Feb 6 Recognizing the Unceasing Continuum of the Mind with Kadam Morten
- Feb 13 Making the Most of our Life with Kadam Morten
- Feb 20 Making The Most of our Life with Kadam Morten
- Feb 27 Death and the Meaning of Life with Kadam Morten
- Mar 6 Why Me? Understanding Karma? with Kadam Morten
- Mar 13 Escaping the Prison of our Mind with guest teacher Adam Sessel
- Mar 20 Freedom from Suffering with Kadam Morten
- Mar 27 Freedom from Dissatisfaction with Kadam Morten
Weekly guided meditations and Buddhist teachings are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. General meditation classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.
About Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
Located in the heart of Chelsea, Kadampa Meditation Center provides meditation classes and teachings throughout NYC and the greater New York area.
We offer evening classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and morning classes on Tuesdays, and Sundays that are suitable for newcomers. Our lunchtime meditations and after-work meditations are only a half-hour long and a great way to get a taste of meditation. We also have monthly introductory classes, Awakening the Heart and How to Meditate, as well as regular day and weekend workshops and retreats.