Guided Meditations & Teachings
7:00 – 8:30pm
$15 | Free for Supporting Members
Each class is self contained, pre-registration not required.
Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
How to Transform Your Life
with Kadam Morten
A series of classes based on Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s newly published How to Transform Your Life. This practical manual for daily life shows how we can develop authentic inner peace, overcome daily problems and bring about positive changes in our life that enable us to experience deep and lasting happiness. Each class consists of guided meditations and clear explanations, as well as an opportunity to ask questions.
- Mar 13 Why Me? Understanding Karma with guest teacher Adam Seessel
- Mar 20 Escaping the Prison of our Mind with Kadam Morten
- Mar 27 How our Mind Creates our Worlds
- April 3 Freedom from Suffering with Kadam Morten
- April 10 Transforming Suffering with Kadam Morten
- April 17 Freedom from Dissatisfaction with Kadam Morten
- April 24 Understanding our Extraordinary Potential with France Roy
- May 1 Connecting to Enlightenment with Kadam Morten
- May 8 Nurturing our Inner Goodness with Kadam Morten
Weekly guided meditations and Buddhist teachings are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. General meditation classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.
About Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
Located in the heart of Chelsea, Kadampa Meditation Center NYC provides meditation classes and teachings throughout NYC and the greater New York area.
We offer evening classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and morning classes on Tuesdays, and Sundays that are suitable for newcomers. Our lunchtime meditations and after-work meditations are only a half-hour long and a great way to get a taste of meditation. We also have monthly introductory classes, Awakening the Heart and How to Meditate, as well as regular day and weekend meditation courses and retreats.