Serious about cultivating authentic happiness?
10 Good Reasons to Join the KMC NYC Community
- When you become a member of KMC NYC you're actively supporting the flourishing of Dharma in NYC and throughout the world.
- Not only are you helping Dharma flourish in the world, you're also committing to your own spiritual growth - making a statement in your own life about the prominent role you want to give to Buddha's teachings in your life.
- Becoming a supporting member of KMC NYC is the most economical way to enjoy all our classes, retreats, day courses and branch classes at no cost. If you attend the center and/or branch classes regularly, your membership will represent a substantial savings over the pay-as-you-go costs.
- Throughout the year, there are special events that take place at KMC NYC, which members are entitled to half off the admission price.
- As well as all the free classes and half-off admissions you'll be receiving, you'll also qualify for a 50% discount on the price of recorded General Program classes.
- Because KMC NYC is a 501(3)(c) charity, your membership fee is also received as a donation which means it's a deduction when tax time rolls around.
- While the Center largely relies on membership fees to run the Center and provide classes throughout the year, most of our profit is donated to the International Temples Fund. That means your money starts off at KMC NYC but often has a global impact.
- Your membership fees also give you access to our three study programs. If you choose to commit to a study program such as Foundation Program or the Teacher Training Program, this cost is included in your membership. It's the most profound and at the same time, most affordable education you'll ever receive!
- You can bring some friends to classes - on us! Every member is entitled to three free passes to hand out to friends throughout the year. They can be used any time - free admission to any GP class.
- And, last of all, but certainly not least of all, when you become a member of KMC NYC you simultaneously become part of our extended spiritual family. This all happens in the same moment! You really can't be a member of KMC NYC and also a stranger to us. Welcome to our community!
Annual Membership entails:
- A monthly contribution of $85, automatically charged to a credit card
- We request a 12-month annual commitment (renewal is automatic, unless we hear from you)
Frequently Asked Questions
All General Program classes and 30-minute meditations are included in membership as well as participation in either FP or TTP if you are ready to deepen your commitment. Regular weekend courses and retreats are also free for members. Empowerments are offered at a 50% discount, as well as special events such as our NYE celebration.
No, memberships are non-transferable but your membership can be canceled should a change in your circumstances prevent you from attending classes.
An email is set after General Program classes taught by Kadam Morten, with a link to purchase the recording. If you attend class in person, request this link from the front desk as you are leaving. Members qualify for a 50% discount off the full price of recordings.