with Naimah Hassan
7 – 8pm
$10 | Free for Supporting Members
Drop-ins welcome; pre-registration not required.
Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
Reality Check: Getting it Right
We could all use a Reality Check now and then. In this class, we examine the specific issues that we’re dealing with in our daily lives and then begin working on how to fix them. We’ll see that by making our meditations specific and personal, we can make swift progress.
Through teachings, meditations and engaged Q & A and discussions, each class helps us to sharpen the tools we need for becoming more mindful of what exactly is going on both around us and within us. “Why are we here and how can we become truly happier?” A good Reality Check will help us uncover the extremely empowering answers to those questions.
- Jan 3 Living Fearlessly and Overcoming Discouragement
- Jan 10 Patient Acceptance vs. Anger
- Jan 17 The Importance of Cherishing Others
- Jan 24 Our Precious Human Lives
- Jan 31 What is Karma?
- Feb 7 Identify and Recognize our Delusions
- Feb 14 How to Stop Worrying
- Feb 21 Getting a Clear Perspective on our Hurt Feelings
- Feb 28 No Time Like Now to Be Happy
Weekly General Program guided meditations and Buddhist teachings are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. General meditation classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.