Guided Meditations & Teachings
7:00 – 8:30pm
$15 | Free for Supporting Members
Each class is self contained, pre-registration not required.
Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
How to Transform Your Life
with Kadam Morten
A series of classes based on Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s newly published How to Transform Your Life. This practical manual for daily life shows how we can develop authentic inner peace, overcome daily problems and bring about positive changes in our life that enable us to experience deep and lasting happiness. Each class consists of guided meditations and clear explanations, as well as an opportunity to ask questions.
- April 3 Freedom from Suffering with Kadam Morten
- April 10 Transforming Suffering with Kadam Morten
- April 17 Transforming Suffering Part 2 with Kadam Morten
- April 24 Freedom from Dissatisfaction with France Roy
- May 1 Understanding our Extraordinary Potential with Kadam Morten
- May 8 Connecting to Enlightenment with Kadam Morten
- May 15 Nurturing our Inner Goodness with Kadam Morten
- May 22 Love with Kadam Morten
- May 29 The Energy of Joy with France Roy
Weekly guided meditations and Buddhist teachings are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. General meditation classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.
About Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
Located in the heart of Chelsea, Kadampa Meditation Center NYC provides meditation classes and teachings throughout NYC and the greater New York area.
We offer evening classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and morning classes on Tuesdays, and Sundays that are suitable for newcomers. Our lunchtime meditations and after-work meditations are only a half-hour long and a great way to get a taste of meditation. We also have monthly introductory classes, Awakening the Heart and How to Meditate, as well as regular day and weekend meditation courses and retreats.