How to Transform Your Life
7:00 – 8:30pm
$15 | Free for Supporting Members
Each class is self contained, pre-registration not required.
Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
A series of classes based on Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s newly published How to Transform Your Life. This practical manual for daily life shows how we can develop authentic inner peace, overcome daily problems and bring about positive changes in our life that enable us to experience deep and lasting happiness. Each class consists of guided meditations and clear explanations, as well as an opportunity to ask questions.
- Jan 1 How to Have a Happy Year with Kadam Morten
- Jan 8 Meditation on Love with Adrienne Weiss
- Jan 15 Love and Wisdom with Kadam Lucy James
- Jan 22 The Power of Compassion with Kadam Lucy James
- Jan 29 Wealth in the Heart with Kadam Lucy James
- Feb 5 Understanding True Happiness with Kadam Lucy James
- Feb 12 Pure Love (A Valentine Special) with Tim Cockey
- Feb 19 Living in the Heart with Kadam Morten
- Feb 26 Transforming our Future with Kadam Morten
Weekly guided meditations and Buddhist teachings are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. General meditation classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required. We offer chairs or cushions to sit on.
About Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
Located in the heart of Chelsea, Kadampa Meditation Center NYC provides meditation classes and teachings throughout NYC and the greater New York area.
We offer evening meditation classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and morning meditation classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays that are suitable for newcomers. Our lunchtime meditations and after-work meditations are only a half-hour long and a great way to get a taste of meditation. We also have monthly introductory classes, Awakening the Heart and How to Meditate, as well as regular day and weekend meditation courses and retreats.