Weekly Classes in Jersey City
Sunday & Wednesday Classes
- Every Sunday at 11:30am – 1:00pm
- Every Wednesday at 7:00pm – 8:30pm
- Special Saturday Day Course on January 20: Living in the Moment | How Mindfulness & Meditation Can Transform our Life
Join the Jersey City email list for weekly class updates:Jersey City Email Sign Up
How to Transform Your Life
A series of classes based on Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s newly published How to Transform Your Life. This practical manual for daily life shows how we can develop authentic inner peace, overcome daily problems and bring about positive changes in our life that enable us to experience deep and lasting happiness. Each class consists of guided meditations and clear explanations, as well as an opportunity to ask questions.
- Jan 20 Special Saturday Day Course Living in the Moment | How Mindfulness & Meditation Can Transform our Life
- Jan 21 Love and Wisdom
- Jan 28 The Power of Compassion
- Feb 4 Wealth in the Heart
- Feb 11 Pure Love (A Valentine Special)
- Feb 18 Understanding True Happiness
- Feb 25 Living in the Heart
- Mar 4 Transforming our Future
Every Wednesday at 7:00pm – 8:15pm
Living Life with a Fully Engaged Heart
According to Buddha, love is not something we find or fall into. It is a powerful, heartfelt state of mind that we can gradually cultivate and improve. In this course we will learn a sequence of meditations that will take us ever deeper into experiencing the liberating and joyful nature of the mind of love.
These step-by-step insightful and practical methods will help us to heal all our past relationships and make our present ones more meaningful and harmonious. Through applying these methods our love and appreciation for others will become more expansive and universal and we will discover within our own hearts a radiant source of positive energy, empowering us to live the best and most beneficial life we can.
- Jan 24 Recognizing the Source of All Inner Problems
- Jan 31 Living Life with a Fully Engaged Heart with Josh Ruzansky
- Feb 7 Removing the Sense of Disconnection with Others
- Feb 14 Authentic Love on Valentine’s Day
- Feb 21 Connecting to the World through Compassion
Each class will consist of guided meditations and clear explanations, as well as an opportunity to ask questions. Everyone welcome!
Jersey City meditation and Buddhism classes are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. These classes offer meditation techniques and teachings on the fundamentals of Buddhism, with an emphasis on their practical application in everyday life.
Although these meditation classes are given as a series, they can also be taken individually. Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis.
Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.
Sundays – Barrow Mansion; 83 Wayne St Jersey City, NJ 07302
Wednesdays – St Matthews Lutheran Church (next to Barrow Mansion);
85 Wayne St, Jersey City, NJ 07302
Directions: 5 minutes walking distance from Grove Street station. From New York City: Take PATH train to Grove Street Station. Exit station onto Grove Street. Walk straight down Christopher Columbus Drive to Barrow Street, turn left into Barrow Street. Turn right into Wayne Street. Barrow Mansion (Sunday classes) is the house with the white columns on the left. St Matthews Church (Wednesday classes) is just next door.
For more information call: (212) 924-6706