Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
Meditative Adventures with the Subtle Mind
with Kadam Morten
In this series Kadam Morten will teach a special meditation known as absorption of cessation. This meditation quickly frees our mind from distraction and enables us to experience a more subtle, spacious and joyful mind. Combining this method with Buddha’s teaching on transforming the mind opens us to our potential for real change and enables us to liberate ourselves from painful habits such as anger, hurt and compulsions quickly.
In this teachings we will explore the possibilities for truly transforming our lives and becoming the confident, joyful, creative and beneficial person we all long to be. This series is perfect both for those who are new to meditation and for those who wish to delve deeper.
- Feb 5 Connecting to Enlightenment with Kadam Morten
- Feb 12 Transforming Anger and Problems with Kadam Morten
- Feb 19 Responding Skillfully to Conflict with guest teacher Alexandra Bonano
- Feb 26 Freedom from Uncontrolled Desire with guest teacher Gen-la Kelsang Khyenrab
- Mar 5 Experiencing Authentic Freedom with Kadam Morten
- Mar 12 Letting Go of Limitations with guest teacher Taz Tagore
- Mar 19 The Necessity of Wisdom with guest teacher Julia Strohm
- Mar 26 Introduction to the Wisdom Buddha with TBD
Weekly General Program guided meditations & teachings are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. General meditation classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.