Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
Meditative Adventures with the Subtle Mind
with Kadam Morten
In this series Kadam Morten will teach a special meditation known as absorption of cessation. This meditation quickly frees our mind from distraction and enables us to experience a more subtle, spacious and joyful mind. Combining this method with Buddha’s teaching on transforming the mind opens us to our potential for real change and enables us to liberate ourselves from painful habits quickly.
In these teachings we will explore the possibilities for truly transforming our lives and becoming the confident, joyful, creative and beneficial person we all long to be. This series is perfect both for those who are new to meditation and for those who wish to delve deeper.
- April 2 Introducing the Wisdom Buddha with Kadam Morten
- April 9 Connecting with Enlightened Compassion with Kadam Morten
- April 16 Connecting with Enlightened Power with Kadam Morten
- April 23 Making Daily Life a Spiritual Path with Alice Fox
- April 30 Qualities of Enlightenment with Kadam Morten
- May 7 Enlightened Wisdom
- May 14 Enlightened Compassion
- May 21 Enlightened Power
- May 28 Learning to Love with Taz Tagore
- June 5 Empathy and Compassion with sub TBD
Weekly General Program guided meditations & teachings are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. General meditation classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.