The Joy of Life
Meditation, Mindfulness and the Insights that will Transform Your Life
11:00am – 12:30pm
$15, Free for Supporting Members
Each class is self contained, pre-registration not required.
Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
In this series, we will embark upon a series of meditations known as the ‘Stages of the Path’, sometimes referred to by its Tibetan name ‘Lamrim’. These ‘stages’ are all the essential insights taught by Buddha, arranged in the order in which they are to be realized. Lamrim is a basically a step-by-step guide to experiencing the full joy and meaning of our human life.
In this presentation, based on the Modern Buddhism arrangement in How to Understand the Mind by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, we will explore how our relationships, job, enjoyments, commute etc., can be made part of a joyful path leading us ever closer to the fulfillment of our highest potential, enlightenment itself!
Through talks, guided meditations, discussion and Q&A’s, we will learn how to take these extraordinary life-affirming and empowering insights and tools to heart.
- June 3 Uprooting Ignorance with Natalia Darialova
- June 10 Path to Freedom with Kadam Morten
- June 17 The Power of Wisdom with Kadam Morten
- June 24 Experiencing Freedom with Kadam Morten
- July 1 No Class | Special Weekend Event | Empowerment of Buddha Shakyamuni
- July 8 Meditation on Love with Kadam Morten
- July 15 Wisdom Love with Kadam Morten
- July 22 Compassion, our Buddha Nature with Kadam Morten
- July 29 Actualizing our Potential with Elizabeth Muzyka
- Aug 5 Going for Enlightenment with Elizabeth Muzyka
- Aug 12 A Life of Great Meaning with Miri Renner
- Aug 19 Heart of Joy with Michelle Valladares
- Aug 26 Emptiness and Enlightenment with Kadam Morten
- Sept 2 Meditation on the Mind with TBD
Weekly General Program guided meditations & teachings are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. General meditation classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required. We offer chairs or cushions to sit on.
About Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
Located in the heart of Chelsea, Kadampa Meditation Center NYC provides meditation classes and teachings throughout NYC and the greater New York area.
We offer evening meditation classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and morning meditation classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays that are suitable for newcomers. Our lunchtime meditations and after-work meditations are only a half-hour long and a great way to get a taste of meditation. We also have monthly introductory classes, Awakening the Heart and How to Meditate, as well as regular day and weekend meditation courses and retreats.