Weekly Classes in Harlem
Every Monday at 7:00pm – 8:15pm
with Dana Fuchs
2002 5th Ave. (at 124th St.)
Join the Harlem email list for weekly class updates:
How to Transform Your Life
Yes, meditation helps us to settle and center our minds. But it is about so much else. It’s about ridding our mind of all negativity and transforming it into a place of beauty that will serve us and others throughout our lives, changing the very way we experience our world and relationships.
In this series of classes, Dana will offer instructions and commentary based on Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s book How to Transform Your Life (available as a free ebook download here). This practical manual for daily life shows how we can develop authentic inner peace, overcome daily problems and bring about positive changes in our life that enable us to experience deep and lasting happiness.
Each class consists of guided meditations and clear explanations, as well as an opportunity to ask questions.
- Sep 10 Meditation and Authentic Happiness
- Sep 17 Enlightenment is Possible
- Sep 24 Our Outstanding Potential with Juliet Ellis
- Oct 1 Opening Our Hearts with Lina Bertucci
- Oct 8 Letting go of Unhappiness, with Gordon Green
- Oct 15 The Power of Kindness
- Oct 22 We are All Interconnected with Juliet Ellis
- Oct 29 Authentic Self Love
- Nov 5 Deepening our Love
- Nov 12 Buddha Nature with Juliet Ellis
- Nov 19 The Confidence of Humility with Juliet Ellis
- Nov 26 Defeating Our Main Problem
- Dec 3 Freedom from Suffering’s Source
- Dec 10 Transforming Unhappiness into Freedom
- Dec 17 The Basis for Pure Love
Weekly guided meditations and Buddhist teachings in Harlem are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. These classes offer meditation techniques and teachings on the fundamentals of Buddhism, with an emphasis on their practical application in everyday life.
Although these meditation classes are given as a series, they can also be taken individually. Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis.
Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.
2 or 3 train to 125th St.
M100, M101 Bx15 to w. 125 St.
For more information call: (212) 924-6706
Directions by subway: