Weekly Classes in Long Island City
Every Wednesday at 7:00pm – 8:15pm
Long Island City Email Sign Up
CUNY School of Law
2 Court Square, 2nd Floor
$10 per class; free for Supporting Members
Extraordinary Friends for Challenging Times
Meet the Buddhas!
In this series, Alex will introduce us to the Buddhas, whose example of Compassion, Wisdom, and Fearlessness are proving to be the inspiration for millions of people around the world. Through practical teachings on mantra recitation, meditation, breathtaking images, and inspiring stories, each week she will introduce a different aspect of these inspiring friends so that we too can begin to develop these powerful and life-changing qualities.
- Nov 15 Fearless in Daily Life – Meet Buddha Green Tara
- No 22 No Class- Happy Giving Thanks Day!
- No 29 The Power of Loving Kindness- Meet Buddha Maitreya
- Dec 6 The Joy of Compassion- Meet Buddha Avalokiteshvara
- Dec 13 Wisdom for Challenging Times-Meet Buddha Manjushri
- Dec 20 Tuning into Inner Power- Meet Buddha Vajrapani
Although these meditation classes are given as a series, they can also be taken individually. Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis.
Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required. For more information all (212) 924-6706
lse” showtraffic=”false” showpanoramio=”false”]
From Woodside LIRR station, take Manhattan-bound 7 train to Court Square
From Hunter’s Point LIRR station, take Queens-bound 7 train one stop to Court Square