How to Understand the Mind
7:00 – 8:30pm
$15 | Free for Supporting Members
Each class is self contained, pre-registration not required.
Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
A series based on Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s extraordinary book, How to Understand the Mind. What is the mind? How does it work to cognize objects? Where do negative minds come from? How can we reduce and abandon them? How can we improve our concentration and other peaceful minds? How can we transform our mind and our self? What is an enlightened mind? We will answer these questions, and many more, all while learning to meditate in depth on the beautiful and blissful nature of our pure mind.
- Mar 1 Meditation, Virtue and Blessings with Kadam Morten
- Mar 8 Transforming Daily Life with France Roy
- Mar 15 Deep Meditation – How to Become a Yogi with France Roy
- Mar 22 Inferring Hidden Truths with Kadam Morten
- Mar 29 Reason and Reality with Kadam Morten
- April 5 How to Hold an Insight in Meditation with Kadam Morten
- April 12 Unifying Wisdom and Belief with Kadam Morten
- April 19 The Power of Belief with Kadam Morten
- April 26 Learning to Let Go with Kadam Morten
- May 3 The Power of Disbelief and Doubt with Kadam Morten
Weekly Thursday classes and guided meditations are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. The classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required. We offer chairs or cushions to sit on.
About Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
Located in the heart of Chelsea, Kadampa Meditation Center NYC provides meditation classes and teachings throughout NYC and the greater New York area.
We offer evening meditation classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and morning meditation classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays that are suitable for newcomers. Our lunchtime meditations and after-work meditations are only a half-hour long and a great way to get a taste of meditation. We also have monthly introductory classes, Awakening the Heart and How to Meditate, as well as regular day and weekend meditation courses and retreats.