How to Understand the Mind
7:00 – 8:30pm
$15 | Free for Supporting Members
Each class is self contained, pre-registration not required.
Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
A series based on Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s extraordinary book, How to Understand the Mind. What is the mind? How does it work to cognize objects? Where do negative minds come from? How can we reduce and abandon them? How can we improve our concentration and other peaceful minds? How can we transform our mind and our self? What is an enlightened mind? We will answer these questions, and many more, all while learning to meditate in depth on the beautiful and blissful nature of our pure mind.
- May 3 The Power of Disbelief and Doubt with Kadam Morten
- May 10 Freedom from Hallucination with Kadam Morten
- May 17 Liberation from Wrong Awareness with Kadam Morten
- May 24 Which Minds Can We Trust? with France Roy
- May 31 Gaining a Valid Mind with France Roy
- June 7 How Do We Know our Meditation is Working with France Roy
- June 14 Journey to the Truth with Kadam Morten
- June 21 Who Can We Trust? with Kadam Morten
- June 28 Why Buddha is Reliable with Kadam Morten
Weekly Thursday classes and guided meditations are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. The classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required. We offer chairs or cushions to sit on.
About Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
Located in the heart of Chelsea, Kadampa Meditation Center NYC provides meditation classes and teachings throughout NYC and the greater New York area.
We offer evening meditation classes on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and morning meditation classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays that are suitable for newcomers. Our lunchtime meditations and after-work meditations are only a half-hour long and a great way to get a taste of meditation. We also have monthly introductory classes, Awakening the Heart and How to Meditate, as well as regular day and weekend meditation courses and retreats.