Thursday Meditation Class
7:00 – 8:30pm
$15 | Free for Supporting Members
Each class is self contained, pre-registration not required.
Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
How to Understand the Mind
with Kadam Morten
A series based on Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s extraordinary book, How to Understand the Mind. What is the mind? How does it work to cognize objects? Where do negative minds come from? How can we reduce and abandon them? How can we improve our concentration and other peaceful minds? How can we transform our mind and our self? What is an enlightened mind? We will answer these questions, and many more, all while learning to meditate in depth on the beautiful and blissful nature of our pure mind.
- Feb 2 Transforming Conflict with Kadam Morten
- Feb 9 NO CLASS DUE TO WINTER STORM
- Feb 16 Freedom from Anger with Kadam Morten
- Feb 23 Freedom from Anger with Kadam Morten
- Mar 2 Confidence vs. False Pride with Kadam Morten
- Mar 9 Freedom from Insecurity with Kadam Morten
- Mar 16 Freedom from Ignorance with Kadam Morten
- Mar 23 The Power of Wisdom with Kadam Morten
- Mar 30 The Importance of Doubt with Kadam Morten
Weekly Thursday classes and guided meditations are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. The classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.