Thursday Meditation Class
7:00 – 8:30pm
$15 | Free for Supporting Members
Each class is self contained, pre-registration not required.
Kadampa Meditation Center NYC
127 West 24th Street, New York, NY
(Entrance on street-level, between 6th and 7th Ave.)
How to Understand the Mind
with Kadam Morten
A series based on Geshe Kelsang Gyatso’s extraordinary book, How to Understand the Mind. What is the mind? How does it work to cognize objects? Where do negative minds come from? How can we reduce and abandon them? How can we improve our concentration and other peaceful minds? How can we transform our mind and our self? What is an enlightened mind? We will answer these questions, and many more, all while learning to meditate in depth on the beautiful and blissful nature of our pure mind.
- April 6 What is the Self? with Kadam Morten
- April 13 Freedom from Limitation with Kadam Morten
- April 20 Our Freedom to Change Who We Are with Kadam Morten
- April 27 Cutting the Root of Suffering with Kadam Morten
- May 4 Understanding the True Nature of the Self with Kadam Morten
- May 11 The Most Profound Compassion with Kadam Morten
- May 18 Eradicating Deluded Views with Kadam Morten
- May 25 Eradicating Anger and Jealousy with sub teacher TBD
Weekly Thursday classes and guided meditations are suitable for both beginners and more advanced meditation practitioners. The classes are given as a series, but can also be taken individually.
Please feel free to drop in on a class-by-class basis. Classes are held every week unless otherwise stated.
No special clothing is required. No pre-registration required.